What the Clerk Does
- Issues marriage licenses
- Maintains marriage license records
- Acts as clerk to the 6th Judicial District Court
- Maintains the court records for the District Court
- Acts as clerk to the Board of County Commissioners
- Maintains minutes of the meetings of the Board of County Commissioners
- Acts as clerk to the Debt Management Commission and the County Board of Equalization
- Administers the County's indigent services program
- Files and maintains fictitious name certificates
- Files and maintains notary information in Humboldt County
- Licenses ministers to perform marriages in Humboldt County
- Issues County business licenses
The Clerk also serves as the Voter Registrar and Chief Election Official in Humboldt County. The Clerk's office maintains voter registration records, conducts all County elections and maintains candidate filing information.
What the Clerk Does Not Do
The County Clerk provides some legal forms as approved by the Supreme Court of Nevada but cannot provide legal advice of any kind. The County Clerk does not retain copies of marriage certificates (these are recorded and kept by the County Recorder).
The County Clerk does not provide information regarding property taxes (this information is available from the County Treasurer).
Our office does not register motor vehicles (contact the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles at 623-6515).
For anyone conducting business in Humboldt County, a County business license is required unless the business is only conducted within the city limits. Business license packets are available in our office or click on the link to the packet below. For information, call 775-623-6345.